Maryville, Alcoa and Knoxville TN
Dental bonding is one of the most convenient and versatile procedures in the field of cosmetic dentistry if you are looking for an efficient way to improve the appearance of your teeth.
At Cedar Street Family Dentistry, your local Knoxville dentist can perform a dental bonding to correct any one of the following issues:
- Repair damage from a cavity or tooth decay
- Improve the look of a tooth that is short, discolored, or misshapen
- Close a space or gap between two teeth
- Repair a small break or fracture in a tooth
- Protect tooth roots that have been exposed due to gum recession
- Replace older dental fillings
How is a bonding treatment performed?
First, any decayed or damaged portion of the tooth is removed to make way for the bonding material. A special adhesive is applied to the tooth, which serves as a bonding agent. Then, renowned Maryville dentist Dr. Ben Sentell applies the composite resin and expertly shapes the material to blend in with your natural tooth. An ultraviolet light hardens the resin so that it is as strong as your tooth. A final polish will have your tooth looking as good as new.
Why should I consider a dental bonding treatment?
Dental bonding has the following benefits:
- Convenience: Most dental bonding procedures can be completed in a single office visit. Many other cosmetic dental procedures require multiple trips to the dentist, and involve the use of a dental laboratory.
- Economical: Cosmetic dentistry can be expensive, but dental bonding is one of the most cost-effective treatment options in the field. Its versatility also makes it a good choice for patients who are operating on a budget.
- Comfort: Dental bonding does not take long to apply to a single tooth, which means you can be in and out of our Maryville dental office in no time.
- Durability: Because the resin used in a bonding procedure is hardened in place through the special ultraviolet light, this creates a tight seal on your tooth that serves as a safeguard against any bacteria migrating under the resin and accumulating to threaten tooth decay.
How long does dental bonding last?
Typically, a dental bonding procedure lasts upwards of 10 years, but you can extend the lifespan of a bonding treatment by maintaining a thorough course of oral hygiene that includes regular brushing and flossing, as well as visiting your dentist every six months for a professional cleaning and thorough examination of your health.
Two factors are the most pivotal in determining the lifespan of a bonding procedure: the skill of the cosmetic dentist you choose to conduct the treatment, and your level of oral hygiene. Your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Sentell, uses his professional expertise, in combination with his artistic eye, to complete each bonding treatment. Meanwhile, you should do your part of maintaining your bonding treatment by brushing and flossing daily, and visiting your Maryville dentist at Cedar Street Family Dentistry as recommended for a cleaning and oral examination. Also, please refrain from opening items with your teeth or chewing inanimate objects such as your nails or ice cubes, as this behavior can damage your bonding treatment.
Dental Bonding in Maryville
To learn more about dental bonding or any of the other cosmetic dental procedures that are available at Cedar Street Family Dentistry, call our Maryville office at (865) 233-7640 to schedule a consultation.
Cedar Street Family Dentistry is proud to serve patients in the areas of Maryville, Alcoa, and Knoxville in East Tennessee.Dental bonding is one of the most convenient and versatile procedures in the field of cosmetic dentistry if you are looking for an efficient way to improve the appearance of your teeth.